Mark your calendar for a weekend or week-long getaway during National Park Week, April 17 to 25, 2010, and claim your gift — free admission to the national park(s) of your choice! Secretary of the Interior Kenneth Salazar announced today that the entrance fee will be waived that week at all national parks. Depending on the park, you can save up to $25!
Those of you who live in our home state of Colorado have eight national parks within easy driving distance. Take at look at your great choices:
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Colorado National Monument
- Dinosaur National Monument
- Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument
- Great Sand Dunes NP & Preserve National Park
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
No matter where you live, chances are there’s a national park close enough to visit over a long weekend. So get out there, go sightseeing, hike some trails, and enjoy our country’s natural and cultural heritage!
Check the National Park Service website to find the parks near you.